The recovery from the COVID-19 economic shutdown presents an unparalleled opportunity to reshape our economy for the good of all and to address the climate crisis at the same time. In fact, the solutions to cutting our emissions and meeting our responsibilities to take global climate action are a huge opportunity for jobs and growth in Australia, and around the world.
Please seriously address climate change which is an inextricable factor causing increased fires and hot weather and which can be actioned through renewable energies and less burning of coal and oil.
Investing in clean industries will provide a pathway to hundreds of thousands, possibly millions, of good jobs and careers for Australians.
Please write now to your Members of Parliament NOW. You can use the information provided by Australian Parents for Climate Action and / or by 350 Australia, at the web pages below.
1.Fossil fuels (coal and natural gas) are taken from the Earth.
2. These are burned to produce power for factories and machines and for electricity.
3. These produce carbon dioxide or carbon emissions.
4. Carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases trap the sun’s energy, warming the Earth.
5. The recent warming of the Earth is NOT natural, any natural greenhouse effect has been tremendously magnified by human activity.
6. Scientists around the world have given governments and ruling organisations and corporations the aforementioned advice.
7. Scientists have WARNED governments of accelerated man-made climate change.
8. Humanity HAS the technology and tools and intellect to stop the damage.
9. Humanity needs the WILL to do this!
10. Every single person has a responsibility to help bring about climate balance.
11. EARTH has started to balance herself.
12. This restoration MUST continue.
We need a new HUMANITY – one without people gallivanting all around the World just to amuse or entertain themselves, we have the technology to learn and do FROM OUR HOMES. We DO NOT NEED to go on cruises or planes, or drive one to a car in our carbon-emitting cars, every day to somewhere or other.
WE….CAN DO THIS ! SAVE OUR EARTH HAS TO BE OUR NEW STANDARD OPERATING ENVIRONMENT
Please don’t ignore the urgency or think someone else will take action, as everyone is needed to do their bit. Learn about the challenges and do what you can ( e.g. take one action per week, like join in the Rio Tinto challenge OR comment on Rio Tinto’s Facebook Page, if you’re more comfortable with that, then comment on Price Waterhouse-Cooper and others invested in the Minerals Council of Australia another week).